A MONTHLY LIVE CREATIVE THINKING LESSON OR ACTIVITY THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE
- Tune in live – the calendar is posted in the member’s area – or watch the replay at your convenience.
- Work on developing creativity, divergent thinking, and critical thinking skills through open-ended prompts, games, and activities that can be enjoyed by and adapted for kids of all ages (and their grown-ups)!
- Build on the shared experience begun in the lesson with a printable filled with extension activities, games, and lesson suggestions.
SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL SUPPORT AND CHALLENGES TO BUILD CONFIDENCE AND RESILIENCY FOR ALL AGES
- Monthly self-paced social-emotional challenge tailor-made to grow your kids’ emotional intelligence (EQ) and confidence cumulatively throughout the year.
- Each month will focus on a new “EQ Skill” with a short video lesson and a fun printable.
- Then, your family can choose three of five tasks to complete to earn the virtual skill badge for the month, and grow your collective EQ and share with other members of The Learner’s Lab on our monthly Flipgrid forum.
MODERATED FORUM FOR KIDS TO SHARE IDEAS, QUESTIONS, AND WORK
- Monthly moderated video servers where kids can share what they worked on in both the live lesson and in the EQ Challenge built on Flipgrid.
- Invitations to share ideas about self-directed projects or unit studies they’re working on and get feedback from other kids on designated servers.
- A monthly “Open Mic Flipgrid” where kids can share music, skits, projects, writing, or anything else they’ve worked on and want an audience to see.
LIVE MONTHLY ZOOM CHAT JUST FOR TEENS
- Be there live – the calendar is posted in the member’s area – because this won’t be recorded as it’s time to relax and get to know other teens like yourself.
- Each month will begin with some ice breakers, communication skill chats, or conversation starters, then everyone will be randomly separated into “breakout rooms” to continue the chat.
- Moderators will pop in and out of the breakout rooms, but this is unscripted social time for teens to connect with other quirky learners like them from around the globe, so they will not be controlling the conversation (only helping to keep things going if needed).
I’m so thankful for the resources you provide, as they seem specifically made for my quirky girl. She is wildly intelligent, observing everything around her, even when she looks like she isn’t paying attention. Yet she struggles to follow through with responsibilities and directives and it’s often difficult to tell if she is being defiant or of she is unfocused and distracted. I am so looking forward to being a part of The Learner’s Lab and digging into all you’ve planned out. I am a clinical social worker, and work with children and families, but the blend of giftedness, intensity, and my daughter being so much like her mama makes me even more grateful for your support.~Meghan, mama of two
You CAN homeschool your differently-wired kiddos and thrive!
Join The Learner’s Lab today!
I’m SO excited to get connected with your work! I have four kids, and three of them are differently-wired. We are a homeschooling family that is trying hard to follow a more eclectic approach to our learning so that we can embrace our kids’ strengths and build on them. Thank you for all the support you provide! ~Sarah, mama of four
LOOKING FOR MORE SUPPORT JUST FOR YOU, MAMA?
CHECK OUT THE LEARNER’S LAB PLUS!
Each month we’ll be hosting a LIVE masterclass for grownups that’s a deep-dive into all things related to the social-emotional skill that’s being taught that month inside the EQ Challenge Lab to your kids.
These masterclasses will be open for anyone to attend, but families who are members of The Learner’s Lab can sign up for the PLUS option to get access to each monthly masterclass, all masterclass recordings, and an ever-growing bonus library of recorded talks from conventions, online conferences, and other appearances.
READY TO JOIN US IN THE LEARNER’S LAB PLUS?
I can’t wait to see all the creative things your kiddos get into this year and watch them grow in strength, confidence, and resiliency as they stretch those social-emotional muscles!
We’re going to have a blast!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MONTHLY PLAN AND AN ANNUAL PLAN?
Put very simply — there’s absolutely no difference in content. You get access to all the same lessons and challenges as it’s created and offered, along with access to the archives for as long as your membership is active.
The big difference is in the price. With an annual plan, you pay upfront for the year, it renews on an annual basis, and you get two months free! It’s twelve months for the price of ten!
CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT MAKES THE PLUS MEMBERSHIP DIFFERENT THAN A REGULAR MEMBERSHIP?
The PLUS membership is my way of enhancing your experience as a member of The Learner’s Lab. You see, each month we’ll offer a live masterclass that is laser-focused on understanding the social-emotional skill we’re addressing in the EQ Challenge Lab that month. You’ll learn about it, and get tips and strategies for parenting your kiddo through those struggles and challenges on a daily basis.
These live classes are open to the general public — anyone can register and take the masterclass, paying the fee and getting the individual class and the replay recording.
As a PLUS member, you’ll get access to the monthly masterclass for as long as you’re a member, along with a bonus library of searchable video and audio content. This library is filled with talks and classes I’ve done live at conventions, online at conferences and other appearances, as well as bonus audios and other talks related to parenting and homeschooling creative and quirky kiddos.
Only PLUS members get access to this bonus content library.
WILL MY SUBSCRIPTION AUTOMATICALLY RENEW?
Yes! To ensure you don’t miss anything and remain at your current locked-in pricing, your subscription will automatically renew one year from the date of purchase (annual) or on the 15th of each month (monthly). You can manage your subscription at any time on your subscriber dashboard. If you cancel your subscription, you will remain an active subscriber until your renewal date — you do not immediately lose access.
WHAT AGE GROUPS IS THE LEARNER’S LAB BEST FOR?
The monthly LIVE lessons are designed to be enjoyed by the entire family, though some of the more jaded high schoolers (you know if I’m talking about one of your kiddos…) might need some persuasion to loosen up and have fun getting creative again, and the littlest of our homeschoolers will need help or might need to hang out alongside the family enjoying playdough or a coloring activity of their own.
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT TO A LIVE LESSON?
Replays of all lessons are included in The Learner’s Lab hub indefinitely. You can access those along with all other challenges, grids, and resources through your Learner’s Lab dashboard at any time.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO BUY TO PARTICIPATE IN CHALLENGES AND LESSONS?
Nothing… except maybe some basic craft, school, and office supplies. The goal is to keep the activities and challenges simple, doable, and easily implemented in your home when you’re ready to participate. So, we try to keep it to things found around most houses.
We WILL publish a supply list at the start of each month when the live class registration link goes live so you have all the time you need to get any supplies you don’t have.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I CHECK OUT?
You will receive an email confirming your purchase. You can easily log into your account any time to access The Learner’s Lab content. If you have any problems, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
If you have another question that has not been answered here, email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help you out.